The Ohio Credit Union Foundation will “help our own” by awarding three $5,000 grants to Ohio credit union employees to help pay off their outstanding student loans.
Who is eligible to apply for a student loan forgiveness grant?
Credit union employees that:
- Have completed a program of study at an accredited university, college, or private vocational/technical program in the United States, with one of the following: graduate-level degree, bachelor’s degree, associate degree, or certificate of program completion.
- Have a minimum of one full year of full-time employment at an Ohio-based credit union by the application deadline.
- Have student loan debt in their name for education they received.
How to apply:
The entire application process must be completed by Friday, Oct. 30. Winners will be announced Monday, Dec. 7.
- Complete the below online general information and education history form.
- Attach a brief narrative (one to two pages) addressing the importance of diversity, equity and inclusion in the financial services industry and how credit unions are poised to lead the charge.
- Attach one professional letter of recommendation. Your recommendation should be submitted by a coworker who is familiar with your performance and involvement.
- Your essay and letter of recommendation should be submitted as one PDF document.
For more information, call League Advocacy Coordinator Jamila Collins at (800) 486-2917, ext. 236, or email@example.com.