Is there a financial services initiative that will impact people of modest means and benefit society as a whole, and your credit union could use some financial help with it?
The William A. Herring Social Responsibility Grant can help!
The William A. Herring Social Responsibility Grant funds opportunities such as:
• Providing financial services to economically-depressed or underserved communities
• Projects that improve the quality of life for low- to moderate-income families
• Programs and events focused on affordable housing opportunities, financial services, and community activities that enhance the positive image of credit unions
• Assistance for newly-chartered credit unions
• Support for Community Development Credit Unions (CDCUs), Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs), and Low-Income Designated Credit Unions
• Credit unions or CU Outreach Alliances will be reimbursed after the event is successfully completed and a grant results report is received.
• Funds many not be used as a cash donation to a third party.
OCUF FUNDING RECOGNITION
Successful applicants must mention the Ohio Credit Union Foundation as having provided grant funding in all press releases, news stories, articles, interviews, and web site references. A suggested credit line is the following: “[Your Credit Union Name] received funding through a grant from the Ohio Credit Union Foundation.” Copies of the above materials must be provided to the OCUF.