The Ohio General Assembly is wrapping up lame-duck session work, and the League is excited to share tangible victories that have already been, or are expected to be secured due to the advocacy partnership between Ohio credit unions and the League:
- Eliminated a state requirement that a checking account open date be printed on checks, saving you time and money.
- Looking forward to clarifying when and how debt notification requirements must be sent for second lien holder foreclosure actions and limited damages for failure to comply, ensuring you flexibility.
- Looking forward to providing the Treasurer of State broader flexibility to determine a reduced interest rate for Business Linked Deposit loans, providing greater parity with the bankers.
- Created a new linked deposit program to enable affordable adoption lending, allowing you to better serve members building a family.
- Looking forward to codifying new criminal penalties for convicted cybercriminals and established victim restitution through civil action, giving you peace of mind that criminal behavior can be better prosecuted in Ohio and that any losses can be recovered.
Thank you for lending your passion and expertise to drive these critical initiatives across the finish line. We would love to hear your suggestions on how to drive effective legislative advocacy, so reach out to League Director of Legislative Affairs, Cory Fleming, to share your ideas.