In member-led credit union organizations, leadership matters and transitions at the top are crucial. Such was the setting recently as the League’s highest leadership post, Board Chair, progressed from one highly regarded Ohio credit union CEO to another. Upon completion of Board officer elections, newly elected Chair Dan Sutton chose as his first official action to recognize past-Chair Scott Hicks’ impressive accomplishments. Sutton showered praise on his predecessor for:
- chairing the League for three years, a full year longer than the normal cycle
- guiding the League through a massively disruptive global pandemic and recession
- overseeing the League’s single biggest business investment in its history, the ViClarity launch
- leading the League to strong financial outcomes over his three years as Chair, with net income of roughly $1,000,000 paired with an increase in assets of $1,500,000
- presiding over both lease renewal and space/technology upgrade investments for the League’s invaluable office presence and visibility on Capitol Square in downtown Columbus
- sparking the League’s “core and explore” growth culture and its “elevate advocacy” strategic planning
In Chair Sutton’s concluding remarks, he commended Hicks for his passionate commitment to everything League and credit unions in Ohio, for his active stewardship as Chair, leaving a bold mark of success and positioning the League for a long run of success. A job well done indeed!